About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

FULL MOON

Psalms of My Soul

Sephirat HaOmer day 31
Tiferet sh b'Hod

FULL MOON

- Joy Krauthammer


In my hillside home, sitting at my computer, a light catches my eye and I glance toward the right. Through the kitchen window, wonderfully surprised, clearly I see the large, full bright orange moon. I am in awe of its beauty and balance as it hangs alone in the sky. I look over my shoulder, and my heart feels full as I gaze upon the moon, like a magnet, and my fingers continue to type.  Even as I watch it, the orange moon is quickly rising, and turning a brighter lighter shade. 

How many photos can I shoot of this round orange object in the night sky that shows up on all my film as a round shape in the dark sky? 

Almost 20 years ago a friend married another friend. Purposefully for a shidduch / marriage, I had introduced them.  I took a photo of the newly weds kissing at night following the afternoon wedding (where I was honorary Chuppah holder). Consciously I moved my body low so that the full moon would be visible closely over their heads. 

Years later I saw the framed photo on their bedroom dresser and commented on it. My friend questioned me, "But what is that circle over our heads?"  I laughed when I recalled how I had adjusted my body low to catch that very high moving scene. I admired my artistry. 

Tonight, once again, I must bend my body low to continue to see the Splendor through the window, as I type with the rising moon, and I am in awe, in Hod.

Baruch Hashem for the glory that is the gift to us in the very visible full moon. My iPhoto library has a zillion shots of moons, hmm, or is that a cheese ball?



Super Full Moon
  © Joy Krauthammer  8.29.2015

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
THANKS for reading my words.
I always love to hear from you.
Thanks for writing to me on COMMENTS.
BlesSings,
Joy

Followers