About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

LAKE SWIM AT SUNSET


Sunset
© Joy Krauthammer 


Prompted by reading poem "Blackwater Pond" by Mary Oliver.


LAST NIGHT'S GLORY

Lake Swim at Sunset

- Joy Krauthammer


Between zones of August late afternoon and early evening, entering the pool, I stop-- stop and stand alone in the water as I drink up, I breathe in the sacred space. My hands drop into the inviting pool swirling handfuls of delight. Water to swim in, immerse myself in calm-- but FIRST I PRAY. This is my salvation, my healing. THANK YOU G*D for this glory. 

From stillness, ripples in water magically manifest as my body makes minute movements.  More radiating ripples expand outwards in abstract complex crossing evolving patterns. A honeycomb gone wild.

Sun meets water. Subdued rainbows of color begin just beyond each ripple.  Quiet serene ecstasy for me.

Not ready to dive into the pool. EH Cold.

Ahh, I DID IT. Slight breeze on my shoulder gives a chill. A few strokes I make to adjust my body and confirm temperature.  It's good. I lap across pool and back heading westerly. I am in a pond, a lake, surrounded by a forest of trees.  Bits of tree leaves, needles, seeds adorn the surface. I love swimming in this lake. I am a child swimming in a lake, mushy underfoot as sunlight pales toward the horizon, disappearing.  I feel at ease and deeply enjoy being far away in this lake with setting sun. Surface water patterns are artistic as if wood carving tools have scooped out top sections of water.

With every stoke I swim, never see nor reach the edge of the lake, yet travel toward the lush green forest of distant old tall palm and pine trees. As the sky loses light, trees turn darker, less defined, and yet strangely, I feel comforted. In the lake I love the dusk. I want to remain here forever.

Voila, transformed from grey clouds, orange formations are born, filling the spheres. Orange penetrates in concentrated intensity. Sunset colors reflect in the lake. How strange to see the reflections of color and trees in lake when the sun is so far away. How can that be?  
I want to savor the sky's palette before it begins to fade. Colored broad bands of diverse widths have my rapt attention and I'm in awe. Do they even care that I am here and witness? How many minutes will they display their aliveness? Soaking in the show, I remain still, standing in the shallow end of lake.

Quickly I decide to leave my lake and forest to photograph the miracle. With damp hands I grab my camera, always ready-- open and from every angle, shoot the powerful and moving scene from the shore.

Outside the enclosed lake and in front of the house I'll see a different array of colored clouds. Swiftly, I push open the big blue heavy wooden gate to escape beyond, where hopefully the sky is less obscured. In wet suit with camera in hand in darkening sky, I have captured G*d's gift as the sun sets. I am satisfied. I am grateful.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
THANKS for reading my words.
I always love to hear from you.
Thanks for writing to me on COMMENTS.
BlesSings,
Joy

Followers